Just before sunrise on Sept. 2, 1862, the sharp crack of a warning shot signaled the start of the Battle of Birch Coulee, one of the hardest fought battles of the U. S. -Dakota War. The Dakota kept U. S.
The Bruentrup Farm was started in 1891 and eventually grew to 175 acres to support 21 dairy cows. By 1999, the land had been sold for commercial and residential development and the buildings were donated to the Maplewood Historical Society.
Located on 60-acres of rolling wooded hills in Eagan, Minnesota, Caponi Art Park and Learning Center is a distinctive community space offering no-cost cultural and educational experiences in an inviting, natural setting.
Inspired by every child's enormous promise and their readiness to learn, a group of educators, business leaders, parents and community members have been working to bring a children's museum to southern Minnesota.
The Cleveland History Center opened in 1977 in a location of historic significance to the community. The first structure on the land was built in 1876 and served the community as the post office, telephone company, a dry goods and hardware store.